• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Tuesday, October 16, 2007

    New Layout

    Regular readers will probably have noticed that I have a new blog layout. There's still plenty to be done, not least sorting out the header image issue with IE7 that's been a problem for some time (apologies to IE7 users). If anyone knows how to fix that, or suspects that the site isn't functioning correctly, then please do let me know. Many thanks to my good friend Jonny Nott for his help / tutelage in the mysteries of web programming!

    The idea of the new layout is to make the site more image friendly. I feel that very often I spend ages finding an image / precisely the right image and then make it so small it's hard to see. It has also given me ugly layouts, so I'm planning to use larger images from here on in. It'll change the older pages of course, but hopefully not too badly. The irony of this post being without an image, however, is not lost on me.

    Does anyone want to take a guess at which film the header image is taken from?

    3 Comments:

    • At 8:07 pm, October 16, 2007, Blogger Matt Page said…

      It seems there's an opposite header problem with IE6 - too much space! And the sidebar isn't showing in IE6. HO hum, work to be done.

      Mat

       
    • At 12:15 am, October 17, 2007, Blogger Peter T Chattaway said…

      Based on the gourd, I would say the image probably comes from the 1959 version of Ben-Hur. I could be wrong about that, though!

       
    • At 11:54 am, October 19, 2007, Blogger Matt Page said…

      I had an inkling you would be the one who got this! That's correct - the gourd is bit of a give away. I never noticed until the other day what a great shot this is though actually (especially the uncropped version).

      THe IE6 issue sidebar issue should be resolved now, and the header should be acceptable if not as good as it is in Mozilla. I have no idea how to lose that extra top-stripe in IE6 so any ideas on that would be appreciated.

      Matt



      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home