• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Thursday, October 04, 2007

    Going On Set

    I'm actually on holiday in Morocco at the moment, but one of the things I like to do before I go away is set a few posts up in advance just to keep the blog ticking over.

    Anyway, one of the things I'm hoping to do out here is visit some of the places that various Bible films were shot. Unfortunately we're a long, way away from the home of Atlas Studios in Ouarzazate where a whole host of Bible films have been made. It would, perhaps, be a different matter if we weren't only going for a week, and if we didn't have my 15 month daughter with us, but it's just not feasible.

    All of which is a shame as the BBC are currently filming The Passion in Ouarzazate and Tamnougalt / Tamnougalt near Agdz (pictured), although some websites are reporting filming at nearby Zagora.

    Anyway, according to the IMDb there have been at least 4 epics / Bible films made near where we will be staying: Last Temptation of Christ (1988), Sodom and Gomorrah (1962), I Giardini dell'Eden (1998) and Alexander (2004). I've only seen Last Temptation and Alexander, and even then I've only watched the latter once, but hopefully the location for Last Temptation will be recognisable, and hopefully our host will know of others that the IMDb does not.

    Labels:

    2 Comments:

    • At 8:02 pm, October 08, 2007, Blogger Kevin C. Neece said…

      Matt,
      I know a large portion of "The Last Temptation of Christ" was shot in Marakesh. I don't know if that's near where you are, but I thought I'd pass it along. Have a fun trip! I'm terribly envious. :)

       
    • At 8:59 am, November 09, 2007, Blogger Matt Page said…

      In the end I never really got near a film set - not that I know of anyway. Oh well, maybe another time.

      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home