• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Saturday, June 09, 2018

    Book me to speak!


    If you're interested in what you read here, or even if you're looking for something a bit different for your group / conference / course / church / festival then why not get me to come and speak?

    I've done numerous talks at all of those over the years, on the Bible on film as well as other subjects, but at the moment I'm keen to do more and happy to travel if you'll pay the costs. I'm also happy to do podcasts.

    In the past I've taken sessions on specific films, or about depictions of Jesus in film at various levels up to and including undergraduate; I'm published on depictions of David in film, Roberto Rossellini, the history of the Bible on Film and men in movies. In addition to the Bible and Film I've spoken on in before include numerous talks on the Bible and poverty, as well as talks for Greenbelt festival on the Bible and mental health and the problem of violence in the Bible. Most of my talks have been at churches, but I've also spoken at schools, universities, film clubs and conferences such as Spring Harvest. I also featured on the Channel 4 documentary The Passion: Films, Faith and Fury.

    I'm pretty flexible in terms of subject, and I always bring a creative and interactive approach to my presentations, combining clips, strong visuals and group interaction with speech.

    Obviously this depends on your dates being available and I reserve the right to turn down any bookings, but this is a genuine offer. So long as I'm not out of pocket I won't sting you for more money down the line.

    Still interested? Drop me an email. I'd love to hear from you.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home