• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Friday, September 11, 2009

    Films and 90 Days Through the Bible

    RC of Strange Culture is trying to read the Bible in 90 days. As he does so, he's posting a few thoughts on the cinematic potential in what he reads. So far he's written on Genesis and Exodus. I've written quite a bit on films about Genesis and Exodus, though frustratingly I can't work out a way to track my older posts for these labels. I also wrote an article a few years ago on Genesis films.

    It looks like I've seen a few more films from Genesis than RC. I'm a big fan of the African La Genesse (pictured), Green Pastures, Huston's The Bible and the various films in The Bible Collection that touch on stories from the Bible's opening book. As for Exodus films, I started writing a book on that years ago, but only got halfway before I lost my weekly writing day. I think Moses the Lawgiver is my favourite, though I'm still in awe of watching L'exode a couple of months back.

    Anyway, I look forward to reading RC's thought on the rest of the Bible as he progresses.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home