• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, October 21, 2024

    Gospel Films Library: Scores of old Bible films free on GFA's new website

    At various times in the past I've mentioned the wonderful work done by Bob Campbell and the rest of the team at the Gospel Films Archive in preserving mid-20th century biblical films and other Christianity-related films. 

    So it's really exciting to mention their new website – Gospel Films Library – where you can now view dozens of old biblical movies, not only for free, but also without any ads etc.

    There's a really good range of these films available from short, rarely-treated stories from the Hebrew Bible such as Ruth (1948) to those released in cinemas such as Day of Triumph (1954, my review). When I think about what I had to go through to watch this film when I first got into Bible movies around the year 2000, it's incredible how easy it is now!

    There's a bunch of films I've already reviewed, such as the Living Christ series, No Greater Power (1942), The Living Bible : Old Testament series and Queen Esther (1948) as well as those I'm planning to review when I get a moment. There's also a making of documentary for Day of Triumph  which I am looking forward to seeing.

    One of the things that is really good about the new site is that it seems really easy to navigate – it's laid out nicely like a modern streaming service. And for those who might prefer (and are based in the US/Canada or Mexico) you can also stream it on Roku. Check it out and bookmark it as I'll be reviewing some of these films in the coming weeks and months.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home