• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, March 07, 2022

    My Interview for Phil Hall's Online Movie Show is now online


    I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Phil Hall for his Online Movie Show podcast. The relevant episode is now available to download from here:

    Online Movie Show: The Bible and the Big Screen 

    It was great to speak to Phil. As I mentioned about a year ago, Phil has written his own book on the subject – Jesus Christ Movie Star – which is well worth a read. By narrowing down the field to just those set in the period and excluding television films, he's able to take in a wider range of films than the standard canon and he discusses a few films I'm yet to see.

    Anyway, it was good to talk about my own book – 100 Bible Films – and to get to know Phil a bit. Of the various authors to have written on this subject, Phil is only the fourth I've managed to actually speak to face to face (by which I mean Skype/Zoom).

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home