• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Monday, June 21, 2021

    Cover Art For My Book

    As I mentioned back in January, I have a book due out next year - "100 Bible Films" which I'll be mentioning more of as the publication date draws in. For now, though, I'm delighted to share with you the cover art.

    The book is part of the BFI's "Screen Guides" series so much of the look is determined by that, but I recently got hold of a hard copy of Barry Keith Grant's "100 Science Fiction Films" and it made me very excited it's so beautifully designed. The book is roughly 20cm sq. and has lots of nice pictures in as well as the discussion about each film. I'm pleased with the use of Aronofsky's Noah (20140, it's both one of th emore thoughtful Bile films in recent years and one of those I've enjoyed the most.

    Anyway, apologies there's not been much content from me recently but I'm working on the finishing touches. Normal service will resume shortly...

    Labels:

    2 Comments:

    • At 11:58 am, February 25, 2022, Blogger Marcelo Guimarães said…

      Hey, man. Just discovered your blog when looking for some Biblical movies for my kid. Congrats on your great work. And happy to hear you have a book coming out. God bless you, brother. And keep it up – this much useful for the Kingdom. Greetings from Brazil.

       
    • At 8:36 am, March 07, 2022, Blogger Matt Page said…

      Hi Marcelo,
      Thanks for your kind words and sorry for the slow reply. For some reason Blogger's spam filter puts the genuine messages straight into the spam folder while waving through most of the spam - very annoying!
      Thank you anyway,
      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home