• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Wednesday, February 17, 2010

    Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter at Leicester Phoenix

    Cult Film fans in the UK might like to know that Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter will be playing at Leicester's Phoenix Cinema this Friday at 11pm. Having never had the chance to see it (I suppose I could have bought the DVD), I feel I really ought to go along just so I can say I've seen it. I do have rather mixed feelings about it, but my hunch is that calling the lead character Jesus is just a ploy for a catchy title; I don't think the Jesus of the film will have anything much to do with the Jesus of the Bible.

    So if you live in the East Midlands and you fancy an odd night out, I will maybe see you there.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home