• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Friday, October 06, 2006

    Podcast 1: Jesus of Nazareth

    After thinking about this for a long time I have finally published my first podcast. Because of the way I have built up this blog, I've yet to give some of the largest films much attention. This is one way of remedying that, whilst also contributing something different. The internet has lots of opinions about the most popular Jesus films, but few have anything in audio.

    I've learnt a lot this time around so hopefully the quality of these will continue to improve. For now, however, here is my first podcast - Jesus of Nazareth (1977) The 6 hour version of this film will be released on region 2 DVD on the 16th October.

    Labels: ,

    3 Comments:

    • At 4:29 am, October 08, 2006, Blogger Mark Goodacre said…

      You are a pioneer! The first Jesus films podcast! I enjoyed listening -- some useful reflections. The sound quality, as I'm sure you realize, is not great yet, but no doubt that will change in due course.

       
    • At 5:24 am, October 09, 2006, Blogger crystal said…

      A great idea, Matt. I look forward to Jesus (1999), the podcast :-)

       
    • At 5:36 pm, October 19, 2006, Blogger Matt Page said…

      Hi Mark, Crystal.

      Thanks for your feedback about the podcast. I learnt an awful lot doing this one, including a few tips on how to do things significantly better next time, so hopefully quality will improve. Not sure when I'll get around to Jesus, Crystal, but I'll certainly bear it in mind.

      Thanks

      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home