• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Wednesday, September 13, 2006

    Jezile (Son of Man) Website

    Last month, I reviewed Mark Dornford-May's Son of Man (see also my scene guide) which, after rave reviews after Sundance, is now starting to get some wider distribution.

    The main news is that there is now an official website at Spier Films. There's not much on it just yet, but you can sign up for details of its release. I've updated the side-bar list of forthcoming films accordingly, and also put it in a slightly more sensible order of release date (rather than the bizarre order it was in before).

    Whilst I'm at it, I've added a couple of extra items to my blogroll. Gareth Higgins is author of one of my favourite Faith and Film books - "How Movies Helped Save My Soul" and does the annual Film review of the year at the Greenbelt Festival (and is far too humble to mention either). Definitely one to keep an eye on if you're a film lover. Matt Rees, and I did a year out together, which, amazingly, was ten years ago now. It's good to bump into him again in cyberspace. Finally Robert Torry and Paul Flesher have a blog called Film and Religion which will tie in with their forthcoming book of the same title.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home