• Bible Films Blog

    Looking at film interpretations of the stories in the Bible - past, present and future, as well as preparation for a future work on Straub/Huillet's Moses und Aron and a few bits and pieces on biblical studies.


    Name:
    Matt Page

    Location:
    U.K.












    Tuesday, August 29, 2006

    New Blog for Gospel of John

    I made a few comments earlier in the month on the Visual Bible's 2003 adaptation of The Gospel of John. I've just got back from Greenbelt Arts Festival to find a couple of comments from a new blogger, devoting their blog (gospelofjohnthefilm.blogspot) to the film.

    I'm hoping this is going to be an ongoing blog rather than just a one off post for the sake of publicity. The film hasn't really gained as much attention as it deserves, and it would be nice to see some in depth discussion of it. Hopefully this blog will be a good source for that.

    Labels: ,

    3 Comments:

    • At 5:01 am, August 30, 2006, Blogger Marie said…

      Thank you for letting others know about The Gospel of John film blog. I hope others will see it and feel free to comment. I love your biblefilm blog! Very nicely done!

       
    • At 4:40 pm, August 30, 2006, Blogger queen_spoo said…

      Thanks for highlighting this, Matt! That was a great movie that I, too, thought was overlooked. I saw it twice in the theater and own the DVD. I will share with the "Gospel of John" yahoo group that I belong to.

      http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/GoJo/

      Thanks, Jean, for creating it!

      queen_spoo of www.nativitymovie.blogspot.com

       
    • At 3:34 pm, August 31, 2006, Blogger Matt Page said…

      Thanks for popping in Jean - glad you like the site, and I hope it will be useful in future.

      I'll be keeping a close eye on your site too.

      Thanks

      Matt

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home